The first Prime Minister of India Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru is always seen in pictures smiling in his traditional Bandagala, having a red rose carefully put in his buttonhole, and a Gandhi Topi.
A generation knew him as ‘Chacha Nehru’.
But today, where social media posts and anything on the internet is believed to be true without checking facts, the image of JLN is in danger.
The Internet is full of blatant lies about the first PM. Here we present you five such hateful lies on Nehru –
- Jawaharlal Nehru’s grandfather was Ghiasuddin Ghazi, a Kotwal of the Mughals, who changed his name to Gangadhar Nehru.
- Jawahar, the Arabic word for pearl, could not have been chosen by any Kashmiri Brahmin as a name for his child.
- Nehru was born in a brothel in Allahabad.
- Nehru got a Catholic nun pregnant and was indebted to the church for spiriting her away from India. He died of syphilis.
- Millennium star Amitabh Bachchan is his son.
Don’t want to miss our Headlines. Click here to like HeadlinesThatMatter on Facebook